Who Does What
To understand who does what and get a full picture of the BICOE, visit our BI Community page.
Where We Are Heading
The BICC is working with the BI community to create a future state for BI at the University of Utah where our information producers work together as a community to make information delivery to our decision-makers and staff seamless, empowered by a full set of BI tools and a single source of truth.
Our medium-term goals (1-3 years):
- Data modeling, source of information clarification, business glossary, and metadata tool establishment
- Expansion of centralized resources to support specialized services with a single location for all BI requests
- Full roll-out of the Operational Data Store (ODS) and Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW)
- Translation of data governance policies into system-based controls to reduce manipulation of data
- Expansion of OBIA executive level reporting
- Develop self-service portal to access available BI resources and self-service reports
- Review of data governance, stewardship policies, and business processes to improve security and reduce the manipulation of data
Our long-term goals (3-6 years):
- A trusted single source of truth for end reporting
- All areas participating in BI Community with resources allocated in specialized roles
- Offering of all BI defined services