- A trusted partner and leader, transforming information technology services and solutions
- To support the University’s mission to foster path-breaking scholarship and providing high-quality affordable education and health care
- To provide timely, secure, and reliable access to information, communication and technology services
- To extend access to University resources to a diverse constituency regardless of time, place, or device
- We seek effective solutions that meet the needs of our clients and can save time and money, minimize duplication, and improve processes
- We solve problems through a consensual and collaborative best practices approach
- We provide secure, reliable access to information and services
- We protect University data and systems while respecting our community’s reasonable expectation of privacy
- We keep our commitments
- We value teamwork and the contributions of our employees and the campus IT community
- We value open, honest communication
- We listen
- We are rapid followers in adopting leading-edge technology
UIT BI & UIT
Identity and Access Management (IAM) is the security discipline that enables individuals to access the right resources at the right times for the right reasons. IAM addresses the mission-critical need to ensure appropriate access to resources across heterogeneous technology environments, and to meet increasingly rigorous compliance requirements. The goal of this program is to implement an IAM platform to address University of Utah, Healthcare, and clinics' needs to manage identity and access issues for internal and external users.
IAM is currently working with UIT BI, looking at new ways to get student information.
ServiceNow – the common service management platform used by University Information Technology (UIT) and Information Technology Services (ITS) – provides a number of critical services for the U campus and hospital, including the UIT Knowledge Base, the Service Catalog, IT trouble ticket submissions, work order requests, and ticket status dashboards.
UIT BI is supporting the ServiceNow platform by providing DBAs (Database Administrators) with basic user information.